NEW The ONEcount system provides the option to present site visitors with a Lookup/Login page upon clicking on a form link, login link, or protected resource. The following lesson provides detail on enabling and/or overriding the Login/Lookup page functionality.
General Lookup/Login Functionality
When presented with the Lookup/Login form the user has two options:
- If a subscribed/registered user, the user may enter his/her username and password in the Login section (left-hand side) of the page. (If the user doesn't remember his/her username or password, he/she may click on the Forgot Your Password? link to obtain them.)
- Look up his/her record by entering requested information in the Lookup section (right-hand side) of the page.
If the user is in the database and was directed to the Lookup/Login page by:
- clicking on a link to a form, he/she will be directed to that pre-populated form;
- clicking on a protected resource (e.g. a restricted page, file, etc.) and is already subscribed to the product that grants access to the resource, he/she will be directed to the protected resource;
- clicking on a protected resource (e.g. a restricted page, file, etc.) and is not subscribed to that product, he/she will be presented with a pre-populated subscription/registration form.
If the user is NOT in the database, he/she will be presented with a text message and "Register – It's Easy" button, as shown in the screenshot below. (The text in this pop-up is configurable by GCN. Simply let GCN know what you'd like the message and button text to say.)
BUILD YOUR LOGIN/LOOKUP FORM:
- Select INVENTORY from the main menu.
- Select "Login/Lookup" from the sub-menu.